Wednesday, January 4, 2012

SKEMA Orientation

This is a picture of the view walking to the bus stop. The Alps are a fantastic sight and go nicely with the biggest yacht marina in France. We were able to explore a little more of the city before and after attending the school orientation. Antibes is most similar to Florida. There are clear skies, sun 300 days a year, palm trees, and an excellent beach scene. 

At the school orientation we took a tour of the campus and of course learned more about our upcoming semester. The school is smaller than I realized, hosting only about 5,000 students. The decor is quite modern, industrial, and overall, simply yet artfully furnished. I'll make sure to get a good picture. 

After that, some fellow exchange students and I ran a few errands. The cellphone I purchased is sending me back to the stone age... but it will work just fine. 
We also went out to our first French bar this evening with some of the French students we met at SKEMA. They told us about a French drinking game where if you are holding your drink in the hand that you write with, it is totally acceptable for someone to go up to you and say "Buffalo!" (pronounced b-you-fall-o) and then you must drink all of what was in your glass. A good thing to know for sure, I will now hold my drink in my left hand!

No comments:

Post a Comment