Tuesday, February 7, 2012

The Italian Alps Adventure

The past weekend was one of the most spectacular and surprising couple of days that I have had yet. I was invited by my new friend, Gloria to go to her beautiful weekend-home in Limone, Italy on last Thursday evening. Five other friends and I left at 11:00 am on Friday and after a series of trains, busses, and a car ride, arrived in a beautiful little town covered in blankets of snow.
Gloria gave us a tour of the house. The outside looked just as nice as the interior.


This was the bedroom I used for Friday and Saturday night. It was definitely hard to come back to the bunk-bed in my apartment in Antibes. 

The view from the living room was quite spectacular.


Some of the group went skiing on Saturday to the advanced part of the mountain. The bunny-hill was not really an option this time, so I went on a self guided tour of the little town with another girl who also decided her skiing-skills were sub par. We still had a lot of fun exploring, and I made a snowman!


Gloria, her brother and father were great hosts to us. I had excellent meals, wine, and conversation. I feel truly grateful for their generosity and willingness to open their home to a group of six Americans. 




No comments:

Post a Comment